Naturally, many people would like to be able to generate images from FinchTV for publications and talks.In this post, I'm going to describe how to capture your images from FinchTV if you're using a PC with Windows. In the next post, I'll write about capturing images on Macs.
If you're using a PC with Windows
- Open some kind of program for storing the image - this could be any image editing program or even a program like Microsoft Word.
- Open FinchTV and find the part of the trace that you want to capture.
- Hold the shift key down, then press the Ctrl key, and the PrintScrn key. This will capture whichever window is active. Since you were just working with FinchTV, you should have captured the FinchTV window.
- Open a new document in Word, PowerPoint, or whatever image program you're using.
- Click the Ctrl key and the V key to paste the image in the document.
- Edit as necessary.
Addendum: I've also been told that Snagit is another really nice screen capture program for PCs.